* indicates student author
¹ indicates co-first authorship
- Markelz, R. J. C., R. L. Baker, D. Freund, N. An*, U. K. Devisetty, M. F. Covington, M. T. Brock, A. Hegeman, S. Welch, C. Weinig, D. Kliebenstein, and J. N. Maloof. In prep. Systems genetics in Brassica rapa reveals genotype to phenotype connections from high-throughput phenotyping data. For eLife.
- Liu, B.*, A. Iwata-Otsubo, D. Yang*, R. L. Baker, C. Liang, S. A. Jackson, S. Liu, J. Ma, and M. Zhao. Accepted. Analysis of CACTA transposase reveals recent intron loss and distinct small RNA silencing pathways of transposons in Brassica.
- Pegg, T*., D. Gladish, R. Edelmann, and R. L. Baker. 2020. Investigation of hemicellulose alteration in Fabaceae root cell walls during flooding-induced aerenchyma formation. Microscopy and Microanalysis, 1-5 open-access full text
- Newsome, E. L.¹*, G. L. Brock¹*, J. Lutz*, and R. L. Baker. 2020. Variation within laminae: semi-automated methods for quantifying leaf venation using phenoVein. Applications in Plant Sciences. open-access full text
- Lowry, D., J. M. Sobel, A. L. Angert, T. Ashman, R. L. Baker, et al. 2019. The case for the continued use of the genus name Mimulus for all monkeyflowers. Taxon. open-access full text
- Baker, R. L., W. F. Leong, M. T. Brock, M. J. Rubin, R. J. C. Markelz, S. Welch, J. N. Maloof, and C. Weinig. 2019. Integrating transcriptomic network reconstruction and QTL analyses reveals mechanistic connections between genomic architecture and Brassica rapa development. PLoS Genetics 15(9): e1008367 open-access full text
- Wang, D. R.¹, C. R. Guadagno¹, X. Mao, D. S. Mackay, J. R. Pleban*, R. L. Baker, C. Weinig, J-L. Jannick, B. Ewers. 2019. A framework for genomics-informed ecophysiological modeling in plants. Journal of Experimental Botany 70(9): 2561-2574 abstract |pdf
- Rubin, M. J., M. T. Brock, R. L. Baker, K. Anderson*, S. Wilcox*, S. Davis, and C. Weinig. 2018. Circadian rhythms are associated with shoot architecture and plant performance. New Phytologist 219:246-258 abstract | pdf
- Baker, R. L., W. F. Leong, S. Welch, and C. Weinig. 2018. Mapping and predicting non-linear Brassica rapa growth phenotypes based on Bayesian and frequentist trait estimation. G3: Genes | Genomes | Genetics 8(4): 1247-1258 abstract | pdf
- Baker, R. L¹., W. F. Leong¹, M. T. Brock, M. Rubin*, N. An*, S. Welch, and C. Weinig. 2018. Bayesian estimation and use of high-throughput remote sensing indices for quantitative genetic analyses of leaf growth. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 131(2):283-298 abstract | pdf
- An, N.*, S. Welch, R. J. Markelz, R. L. Baker, C. Palmer, J. Ta*, J. Maloof and C. Weinig. 2017. Quantifying time-series of leaf morphology using 2D and 3D photogrammetry methods for high-throughput plant phenotyping. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture abstract | pdf
- Baker, R. L., Y. Yarkhunova*, K. Vidal*, B. Ewers, and C. Weinig. 2017. Polyploidy and the relationship between leaf structure and function: Implications for the evolution of correlations between anatomy, morphology, and physiology in Brassica. BMC Plant Biology 17(3) open access pdf
- An, N.*, C. M. Palmer, R. L. Baker, R. J. C. Markelz, J. Ta*, J. N. Maloof, S. M. Welch, and C. Weinig. 2016. Plant high-throughput phenotyping using photogrammetry and imaging techniques to measure leaf length and rosette area. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 127:376-394 abstract | pdf
- Yarkhunova, Y.*, C., E. Edwards, R. L. Baker, B. E. Ewers, and C. Weinig. 2016. Selection during domestication affects the circadian clock and expression of ecophysiological traits. New Phytologist 210(1):133-144 abstract | pdf
- Baker, R. L., W. F. Leong, M. T. Brock, R. J. Cody Markelz, M. F. Covington, U. K. Devisetty, C. E. Edwards, J. Maloof, S. Welch, and C. Weinig. 2015. Modeling development and quantitative trait mapping reveal independent genetic modules for leaf size and shape. New Phytologist. 208(1) 257-268 abstract | pdf
- Selected for Commentary in New Phytologist > > pdf
- Baker, R. L., E. Scherbatskoy*, C. Lay* and P. K. Diggle. 2014. Developmental plasticity of shoot architecture: Morphological expression and ecologically relevant onset in locally adapted populations of Mimulus guttatus. International Journal of Plant Sciences 175(1):59-69 abstract | pdf
- Baker, R. L., L. C. Hileman and P. K. Diggle. 2012. Patterns of shoot architecture in locally adapted populations are linked to intraspecific differences in gene regulation. New Phytologist 196(1):271-281 abstract | pdf
- Baker, R. L. and P. K. Diggle. 2011. Node-specific branching and heterochronic changes underlie population-level differences in Mimulus guttatus (Phrymaceae) shoot architecture. American Journal of Botany 98(12):1924-1934 abstract | pdf
- Diggle, P. K., N. J. Abrahamson*, R. Baker, M. G. Barnes*, T. L. Koontz*, C. Lay*, J. S. Medeiros*, J. Murgel*, M. G. M. Shaner*, H. L. Simpson*, C. C. Wu* and D. L. Marshall. 2010. Dynamics of maternal and paternal effects on embryo and seed development in wild radish (Raphanus sativus). Annals of Botany 106(2):309-313 abstract | pdf
- Noyes, R.D., R. Baker, and B. Mai*. 2007. Mendelian segregation for two-factor apomixis in Erigeron annuus (Asteraceae). Heredity 98:92-98 abstract | pdf
- Baker, R. L., M. T. Brock, M. Rubin*, J. Maloof, S. Welch, and C. Weinig. 2015. Mapping function valued traits in Brassica rapa. Wyoming Agricultural Experiment Station pp. 19-20.
- Baker, R. L. 2010. Use of the Scanning Electron Microscope. In P. Diggle, Plant Eco-Evo-Devo (pp 54-56).